ABOUT THE PROJECT
“IoToAI – From Internet of Things to Artificial Intelligence (A VET for business in the digital era)”. This is a project supported by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnerships for Vocational Education and Training.
The aim of the project is to develop specific and innovative digital training path for modernising workers’ and students’ profiles. The industry will also benefit when technicians have the chance to apply the knowledge acquired within their factories/sectors. Young employees with a completely different professional background and high IT affinity are coming forward and the outcomes of this project will match current needs.
This project will contribute to a higher quality of education and training by developing different training paths for VET students and attracting HE graduates to an innovative VET.
It lasts 24 months from 01-10-2019 / 30-09-2021
- To update VET curricula related to ICT, with in demand, digital skills specifically related to AI, IoT, Cloud and blockchain, by different business sectors.
- To empower the SSH higher education curricula with the knowledge of non- technical skills in AI and big data analysis.
- To upskill non-technical workers (especially in the field of VET) to undertake digital strategies in a broad range of business.
- To provide the VET teachers with the right tools for identifying the pedagogical model for the teacher training .
- To combine the best innovative examples and practices of different countries.
- Analyse national VET curricula related with ICT to see how it can be updated with digital skills that are in demand – specially AI, IoT and Cloud across different business sectors.
- Analyse SSH higher education curricula that could be improved by the knowledge of non high technical skills in AI and big data analysis.
- Up skill non-technical highly qualified workers to deliver digital strategies in businesses related to their background.
- Provide VET tutors with the right tools to identify the pedagogical model for teacher training.
✔ INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 1
SKILLS NEED – A REPORT REGARDING UPDATES IN IoT, CLOUD AI OF OFFICIAL VET CURRICULA TO BE DELIVERED TO VET AUTHORITIES
The consortium will create a report with recommendations, addresses to VET authorities, government departments and trade union, in which will be analysed the current official VET curricula related with ICT and will be identified the gaps regarding new technologies that potentially can support the digitalisation of the enterprises at technical level.
INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 2
IoT AI VET ACADEMIC CURRICULUM DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
“Learning Outcomes” (LOs) in the field of “Internet of Things”, “Artificial intelligence” and Cloud Computing that will be included in the new VET curricula developed.
These learning outcomes will define what a learner knows, understand and is able to do on completion of a learning process.
✔ INTELLECTUAL OUTPUT 3
TOOLKIT FOR BLENDED LEARNING OF IoToAI TOPICS IN VET
A PDF toolkit to guide other VET providers in the design and implementation of mixed learning approaches. The toolkit aims to capture the process that a VET provider follows by moving the training program to a blended model, where some elements will be offered in a face-to-face context and others are offered online.
- Please click here to download the English version
- Please click here to download the Italian version
- Please click here to download the Spanish version
The consortium of partners of IoToAI is ready to announce the last results of the project a toolkit for blended learning of IoToAI topics in VET sector. The toolkit is a teaching handbook guide for Vocational Educational Training (VET) providers and teachers in...
Thanks to the great cooperation and hard work of the partners, IoToAI – “From the Internet of Things to Artificial Intelligence – A Vocational Education Training (VET) for business in the digital era” project was presented to the EDULEARN – 12th International...
Thanks to the great contribution of the Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, IoToAI partners are very glad to announce that they attended INTED 21 – 15th annual Technology, Education and Development Conference presenting a contribution about IoToAI project: “Training...
Watch our promotional video on the IoToAi project now! IoToAI is a project that involves partners from different European countries: Northern Ireland, Italy and Spain and it is funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 2 (Strategic...
On the 17th November the consortium of partners of IoToAI - From Internet of Things to Artificial Intelligence (A VET for business in the digital era)" project, (project number: 2019-1-UK01-KA202-061934)” met in an online meeting to discuss the development of the...
IoToAI: Recommendations to VET authorities to improve the current training status regarding key enabling technologies and ICT skills
This report is the 1st result of IoToAI – From Internet of Things to Artificial Intelligence project (project number: 2019-1-UK01-KA202-061934) by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme – KA2, Strategic Partnership for Innovation and Exchange of good...
The second transnational meeting of IOTOAI project has been held in two days the 31st March and the 28th April 2020. This time the partners of the consortium met in a Skype conference due to the world emergency caused by COVID-19. The transnational meeting was very...
On 23rd July 2021, Belfast Metropolitan College Business Development team took part in training as part of the Eu- ropean funded project, Internet of Things to Artificial Intel- ligence (IOToAI). This Erasmus project, led by Belfast Met in partnership with Belfast...
On 15th October 20 the consortium of partners participated in the Erasmus days, an initiative that involves all of Europe in 3 days of events and activities in which the Erasmus Programme is presented! The 2019 edition saw the organization of 3995 events in 51...
On the 19th and 20th of November 2019, the kick-off meeting (KOM) of the “IoToAI - From Internet of Things to Artificial Intelligence (A VET for business in the digital era)" project, (project number: 2019-1-UK01-KA202-061934)” took place in Belfast (Northern...